Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- Tchad : Impact de la crise nigériane dans la région du Lac Rapport de Situation n° 31 (14/12/2018)
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
- Tchad : Présence physique des partenaires (Qui a un bureau où) - Décembre 2018
- Chad – Lac Region Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Dashboard #5 (November 2018)
Rains only come once a year in the Sahel, last year they were below-average. Over 15 million people are at risk for food insecurity. In an effort to respond to early warnings, this tool is a collaboration to strengthen the data sharing in the region.
The map shows the shifts in the Start of the Season date in Sahel areas for the 2011 first growing season. In particular areas where the Start of the Season date, extracted from MODIS NOVI time-series (2000-2011), for the considered vegetation season exhibits a delay respect to the average value (2000-2010) are shown using light orange to brown colours. Pixel based results are proposed (0 .05 degrees). It should be noted that the conside red growing season, for the different areas, can refer to different months in the year, according to the specific agro-climatical zoning.
Vegetation productivity monitoring procedures, developed by ITHACA, are based on extracting and elaborating phenological parameters from satellite derived NOVI datasets. The vegetation phenology concerns the study of annual green-up, or growth, and senescence cycles of plants. In the map, vegetation productivity in Sahel areas for the 2011 first growing season is described using the Seasonal Small Integra parameter extracted from MOOIS NOVI time-series (2000-2011).