Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
- Urgent action needed to respond to acute malnutrition crisis in Chad
"Coordination and cooperation between active humanitarian actors is necessary to offer better services, and humanitarian and development programs to the countries of the Sahel."
Mr. Toby Lanzer,
"We cannot stop the reasons behind the people's needs in Sahel unless we work using a methodology based on security, development and humanitarian work."
Qatar Charity has sent another relief convoy for refugees from the Central African Republic taking refuge on the border with Chad. The convoy contained food and non-food items for 1,000 families at a cost of QAR 500,000 (USD 130,000). Each food basket contained 25 kg rice, 250 gm sugar, 5 liters cooking oil and a month’s supply of milk, in addition to non-food items including jerry cans, carpets and plastic sheets.
Qatar Charity recently concluded its latest follow-up on its humanitarian response and the continuing needs as part of a delegation to the Central African Republic led by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). In addition to visiting the Central African Republic, the delegation headed by Ambassador Fouad Maznaie, representative of the OIC Humanitarian Affairs Department also visited Chad and Cameroon.
A humanitarian delegation from Qatar Charity completed its field program in the Republic of Chad, visiting the ministry of social affairs and the Embassy of Qatar in N’Djamena. The delegation announced the launch of its humanitarian project, which has provided relief aid to more than 1,000 refugee families from the Central African Republic on the Chadian borders. This is the first stage of a project worth up to half a million Qatari Riyals.
Doha, Nov. 11th, 2008 - During Ramadan 1429 A.H., Qatar Charity carried out Iftaar (fast breaking) project in 19 countries outside the State of Qatar. Around 235159 families benefitted from this project which was carried out in the most needful countries. The Charity applied the most developed mechanisms and quality services. The total cost amounted to Q.R. 4.628.426.
The project demonstrated a noticeable increase (Q.R. 800.000) over the previous year. The increase rate of expenditures on this project reached 90% compared with Q.R.