Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 30/11/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Novembre 2018
- Chad – Lac Region Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Dashboard #5 (November 2018)
- Cadre Harmonisé d’identification des zones à risque et des populations en insécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest (CH)
The fight against the three pandemics is a longstanding French priority. France played a particularly active role in establishing the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in 2002.
Près de 7.3 millions de moustiquaires imprégnées d’insecticide seront distribuées gratuitement au Tchad au bénéfice de près de 10 millions de personnes
KELO (Tchad) le 25 Avril 2014 – Le Gouvernement du Tchad, avec l’appui du Fonds mondial de lutte contre le sida, la tuberculose et le paludisme et de l’UNICEF, a lancé une campagne de masse pour distribuer environ 7,3 millions de moustiquaires imprégnées d’insecticides de longue durée d’action.
Nearly 7.3 million insecticide-treated mosquito nets will be distributed free in Chad, benefiting close to 10 million people.
KELO (Chad) April 25, 2014 –The Government of Chad, with support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and UNICEF, launched a mass campaign today to distribute nearly 7.3 million long lasting insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
The campaign, which began today, on the occasion of World Malaria Day, will continue over the coming weeks and will move Chad toward universal coverage.
Geneva - The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has signed a € 25.17 million euro grant that will help provide nearly every family in Chad with a mosquito net by July 2014 and make a transformative difference against malaria in that nation.
Malaria has been the main cause of child mortality in Chad, where 169 children out of every 1,000 that are born die before reaching their fifth birthday.
This represents the first ever donation to the Global Fund by African Corporate Partners
Johannesburg, October 15, 2010: Leading African private sector partners of the United Against Malaria (UAM) campaign gave back to their continent today by making the first African corporate donation to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria-the world's largest international funder of the fight against malaria.
88 Million Bed Nets Distributed for Malaria
Geneva - The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria today announced that 2.3 million people living with HIV have been reached with lifesaving antiretroviral (ARV) treatment through AIDS programs it supports, a 31 per cent increase over results reported a year ago.
Global Fund-supported tuberculosis programs have so far put more than 5.4 million people on effective TB drugs treatment. Tuberculosis is the leading cause of death among HIV-infected people; the World Health Organization estimates that TB accounts for up to a …
This fact sheet outlines the principles and approach in determining the number of people on antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) for HIV/AIDS treatment, with a breakdown of the results by country, and answers to commonly-asked questions.
Question 1: How many people are receiving ARVs from programs supported by Global Fund grants?
As of June 1st 2009, programs supported by the Global Fund have reported 2.3 million people currently on ARVs for treatment of HIV/AIDS.
Question 2: What is the regional breakdown of people currently receiving ARVs?