Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Tchad : Impact de la crise nigériane dans la région du Lac Rapport de Situation n° 31 (14/12/2018)
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
- Tchad : Présence physique des partenaires (Qui a un bureau où) - Décembre 2018
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire (novembre 2018)
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE
HIGH COMMISSIONER’S PROGRAMME
13 – 15 March 2012
Agenda Item 3. a) i.
This statement has been drafted in consultation with, and is delivered on behalf of, a wide range of NGOs and attempts to reflect the diversity of views within the NGO community.
A number of inter-connected factors contribute to exacerbate people's vulnerability around the world: including climate change, global financial crisis, rapid demographic changes and human displacement, growing stresses on natural resources, and sometimes underlying political instability or conflict. All these factors when combined often have dramatic consequences for poor people and will most likely increase the humanitarian caseload in the years to come.
The first dialogue to explore ways of enhancing the effectiveness of humanitarian response brought together 40 leaders of UN humanitarian organizations, NGOs, the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement, the IOM and World Bank in Geneva, Switzerland on 12 -13 July 2006.
It was agreed by the 40 leaders that a meeting of a new Global Humanitarian Platform would be jointly planned by the UN, the NGOs and the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement and would be 'flexible, ad hoc, time-bound and action-oriented.' Furthermore the new platform would meet annually for three years, to …