Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire à l’Est (septembre 2018)
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
By Marla Pierson Lester
April 10, 2014
AKRON, Pa. – Forced from home by fighting in the Central African Republic, hundreds of thousands of people are fleeing to neighboring countries, including Chad.
At a transitional refugee camp in Moundou, Chad, about 60 miles from the Central African Republic border, Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) representative Angela Austin was struck by their plight.
By Emily Will
May 9, 2012
AKRON, Pa. – A food crisis is spreading through the semi-arid Sahel, a seven-country ribbon across the southern edge of the Sahara, from Mauritania on the Atlantic to Sudan on the Red Sea. The United Nations says the disaster now threatens 15 million lives and may grow to affect several million more.
By Tim Shenk
June 10, 2008, AKRON, Pa. - Chadian Association for Nonviolence, a partner organization of Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), has reported that government soldiers killed eight students during attacks on high schools in Moundou, a town in southern Chad.
Soldiers stormed the town's Lycée Adoum Dalla high school while classes were in session on April 23 and attempted to arrest a student.
An interfaith team will deliver MCC's aid in Darfur
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is preparing $6.1 million Cdn./$4.6 million U.S. in aid for victims of violence in western and central Sudan.
As the humanitarian crisis in the Darfur region of western Sudan continues to make headlines, MCC is preparing a shipment of milk powder and relief supplies to be sent to Chad, where tens of thousands of Darfur residents have sought refuge. Part of the shipment will also go to southern Chad for refugees from the Central African Republic, whose situation is less publicized but no less dire.
As reports of massive suffering and slaughter continue to emerge from the Darfur region of western Sudan, MCC is exploring options for assistance to refugees fleeing into neighboring Chad.
Friday, May 14 - As reports of massive suffering and slaughter continue to emerge from the Darfur region of western Sudan, MCC is exploring options for assistance to refugees fleeing into neighboring Chad.