Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ECHO Factsheet – Chad – October 2018
- DTM Point de suivi des flux de population - Situation de la Migratoire au Nord du Tchad Dashboard #18 Période : Septembre 2018
- Chad: Response Plan 2018 (August 2018)
- À l’occasion de la Journée Mondiale de l’Alimentation, les agences alimentaires de l’ONU affirment que le Tchad est en mesure d’éliminer la faim.
- Tchad : HRP 2018 - Suivi des financements au 27 septembre 2018
As we at Lutheran World Relief anticipate the tremendous humanitarian challenges we might face in the coming year, a quote from Desmond Tutu comes to mind: “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness.”
Khartoum and Baltimore, June 23, 2004 -- A planeload of food, plastic sheeting and vehicles reached the troubled Darfur region of Sudan this week. The relief cargo, destined for camps near Nyala, is part of a growing interchurch aid effort that Lutheran World Relief supports.
Baltimore, May 28, 2004 -- Lutheran World Relief is supporting water, sanitation and refugee camp construction for up to 30,000 Sudanese people who have recently fled to Chad from the Darfur region of Sudan. Families will also receive tools and seeds to grow food to supplement meager diets as part of the $373,000, five-month project. LWR's local partner will work with the refugees to protect vulnerable women and children from abuse that can occur in camp communities.