Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
A UMNS Report
By Linda Bloom*
United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton keeps a $10 bill in his pocket so he can demonstrate how little money it takes to protect an African household from malaria.
But the roving ambassador for the denomination's involvement in the Nothing But Nets project, a joint effort with the United Nations Foundations and other groups, has a much larger goal than the millions of bed nets that have been sent to Africa.
Bickerton, who is chairperson of the Global Health Initiative for the United Methodist Council of Bishops, seeks nothing less than the …
NEW YORK, Nov.
By Linda Beher and Elliott Wright
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), currently serving Sudanese refugees in Chad, is now poised to provide more direct services inside Sudan. UMCOR will extend its efforts with displaced persons inside the violence-torn Darfur section of Sudan by mid-December.
An investigative team, which spent three weeks in the area for UMCOR, found continuing need for basic relief efforts, for steps to ward off famine, and for preparation to eventually return people to their homes.
Haiti: Storm Devastation Only One Issue in a Litany of Disasters
Last week, UMCOR workers assessed Haiti's storm-wracked northern region in preparation for potential aid initiatives there. David Sadoo, international field staff for the agency, described roads that have been "sheared off" by mudslides and covered with boulders.
The United Nations says that, right now, the crisis in Sudan is the world's worst humanitarian disaster. After 16 months of armed conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan, nearly 30,000 residents have been killed, more than a million displaced.
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 20 July 2004
NEW YORK, NY, June 2, 2004 -The chief mission executive of The United Methodist Church today took a cautiously optimistic view of the recent formal moves toward ending a long civil war in Sudan.