Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire à l’Est (septembre 2018)
- Tchad : Aperçu de la situation humanitaire au Sud (septembre 2018)
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
- Urgent action needed to respond to acute malnutrition crisis in Chad
Jeddah, KSA, 05.10.2015 – The Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) at its 307th meeting that ended on Monday, 5 October 2015, approved US $895 million to contribute towards new development projects in IDB member countries, namely; Togo, Benin, Chad, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Suriname, and Cameroon.
Jeddah, 13.09.2012 – At its 285th meeting that started last Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) chaired by HE Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved around US$ 425 million to finance development projects in member countries and for Muslim communities in non-member countries.
According to a recent study by the IDB, the world is expected to witness continued fluctuation in food commodity prices for a few more years to come. The study cautions that the impact of hunger as a result of the global price fluctuations is likely to undermine the development process in its developing and least developed member countries.
JEDDAH, KSA, 17.07.2012 –The 284th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank, which convened at IDB headquarters starting Sunday 16 July, under the chairmanship of Dr. Ahmad Mohamed Ali, President, IDB Group, approved more than US$ 1,158 million towards development projects financing for IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries. This is the largest amount of approvals by a single IDB Board meeting since the Bank’s inception in 1975.
Sunday, 27 November 2011
22.11.2011, Jeddah, KSA – The 279th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors of the Islamic Development Bank which convened on Sunday at IDB headquarters in Jeddah, expressed its satisfaction over IDB’s unprecedented level of financing during 2011: with an amount of $ 4.2 Million during the year, the IDB posted its highest annual achievement in terms of project financing, excluding financings by other IDB Group entities.
The Board of Directors of the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD) which held recently its 9th meeting at the headquarters of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) in Jeddah approved two Projects totaling US$ 19.4 million for rural development in Sudan and combating Malaria in Chad.
Jeddah, June 2, 2008 -- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) announced today it is allocating US$1.5 billion to support efforts to meet immediate, medium and long term food crisis in its least developed member countries (LDMCs), though some programs will benefit other members as well.