Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Décembre 2018
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/12/2018)
- Chad - N'Djamena - Base map (16 January 2019)
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- Carte de nouveaux déplacements internes dans la province du Lac, 17 janvier 2019
Director General signs loan agreements with ten partner countries
Vienna, Austria October 12, 2015. A delegation from the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), headed by Director-General Suleiman J Al-Herbish, has concluded a high-level mission to Lima, Peru, to attend the 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), as well as a number of other important meetings.
Vienna, Austria, July 22, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 151st Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Grant funding totaling US$4.24m was also approved for the following:
Vienna, Austria, December 16, 2014. Over 20 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 149th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to nearly US$260m will support the following projects:
Although OFID's core activities focus on providing concessional financing in support of sustainable projects across the developing world, the institution recognizes that emergency assistance is still instrumental in helping mitigate the suffering of those affected by natural disasters. Therefore, when the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) launched an appeal to the donor community in September to mobilize funds to help victims of ongoing flooding in West and Central Africa, OFID swiftly responded by approving a grant of US$1 million.
Vienna, Austria, 10 September 2009 The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved a grant of US$1 million to procure essential relief supplies and help finance emergency operations for victims of severe flooding in West and Central Africa. The grant will be channelled through the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). According to recent estimates, at least 600,000 people have been affected by the floods and thousands of families have lost their homes.
September 20, 2005, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development today approved a grant of US$1.5 million to co-finance a project jointly developed by the Fund and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The initiative seeks to provide a full spectrum of HIV/AIDS protection, prevention, care and treatment services to refugees in five central African countries and prepare them for repatriation to their home countries.