Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Décembre 2018
- Sudan: Voluntary Repatriation Dashboard - Chadian refugee returnees from Sudan as of October 2018
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/12/2018)
- Chad - N'Djamena - Base map (16 January 2019)
Göttingen, June 11, 2010
The Society for Threatened Peoples STP (Gesellschaft f=FCr bedrohte Völker GfbV) warned on Friday of the dramatic consequences of a famine which is spreading among the pastoral tribes in the Sahel region. "75 percent of all cattle farmers in Chad are suffering from starvation", said the STP Africa consultant, Ulrich Delius. "The extreme drought is exhausting the few water-holes and causing the pastures to dry out.
Göttingen, 24. März 2010
More than ten million cattle-breeders and farmers in the Sahel zone are threatened by a famine on account of the failure of the rains, warned the Society for Threatened Peoples STP (Gesellschaft f=FCr bedrohte Völker GfbV) on Wednesday. "Particularly hard hit are 7.8 million people in Niger, two million from Chad, 500,000 Tuareg and other nomads in the north-east of Mali", reported the STP Africa consultant, Ulrich Delius. The climax of the famine is expected in June.
Göttingen, February 08, 2010
The warring presidents of Sudan and Chad sign a truce and the president of Chad visits Sudan today . Hopes of peace for Darfur?
As an "important first step for more peace in Darfur" the Society for Threatened Peoples STP (Gesellschaft f=FCr bedrohte Völker GfbV) described the normalizing of relations between the neighbouring stated of Sudan and Chad, which have been at war with each other.
Göttingen, 03. Februar 2008 - The Society for Threatened Peoples (GfbV) accused the Sudanese government on Monday of preventing together with the rebel offensive in the neighbouring country of Chad all effective international protection for the Darfur refugees and the displaced persons in Chad.
"Khartoum intends with its war-mongering in Chad at all events to stop a greater involvement of international peace-keeping forces for the protection of the civilian population," said the GfbV Africa expert, Ulrich Delius.
Göttingen, July 16, 2007 The Society for Threatened Peoples (GfbV) pointed on Monday to the dramatic situation of the more than 400,000 refugees in eastern Chad. 235 refugees from neighbouring Darfur and 172,000 displaced persons urgently need protection and more humanitarian aid, said the human rights organisation. The GfbV appealed to the German Foreign Minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, not to block a planned interim peace-keeping force from the European Union (EU).