Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
DENVER, May 21 (OneWorld) - Thousands of children in the African nations of Chad and the Central African Republic could be turning from the battlefield to the blackboard as a result of international negotiations over the past two weeks.
UNITED NATIONS, Feb 16 (OneWorld) - While already finding it hard to get into the war-torn Sudanese region of Darfur, aid groups say it is becoming increasingly difficult to help displaced people in neighboring Chad as well.
"In some areas, you have got 12,000 to 15,000 people with no latrine," says Roland Van Hauwermeiren, head of the humanitarian aid group Oxfam International in Chad.
For the first time, heavy fighting between Sudanese rebel groups and the government of Sudan has spilled across the border from the embattled Darfur region into eastern Chad, where aid agencies are helping about 250,000 of the 2.5 million Darfuri displaced by the ongoing conflict.