Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
Khartoum, Soudan (PANA) - Le gouvernement soudanais a ordonné au personnel militaire tchadien travaillant dans la Force de maintien de la paix de l'Union africaine (UA) au Darfour, de quitter la région immédiatement, un signe clair de l'antagonisme non résolu entre les deux pays.
"Aujourd'hui, tous les représentants tchadiens sont regroupés à el-Fasher et vont partir", a déclaré Noureddine Mezni, le porte- parole de l'UA, samedi dans une déclaration à la presse à Khartoum.
Tripoli, Libya (PANA) -- Army chiefs and heads of external security from Libya, Congo, Burkina Faso, Sudan, Chad and CAR met in Tripoli on Monday to examine the implementation of recommendations of the "Tripoli Declaration" adopted by the African mini-summit held 8 February 2006 on the tension between Sudan and Chad.
The military and security chiefs examined the follow-up implementation of practical decisions and dispositions adopted by the ministerial commission's meeting held 3 March 2006 in Tripoli.
The commission had focused on practical measures aimed at training …
Tripoli, Libya (PANA) - Chad and Sudan on Wednesday evening in Tripoli signed a peace agreement under which they promised to immediately expel armed groups hostile to their respective governments.
Khartoum, Sudan (PANA) - Chadian mediators said they have intensified efforts aimed at reactivating peace talks between the government in Khartoum and the breakaway rebel Movement for Development and Reform (DMDR) in the western Darfur region.
The government-owned Sudan Media Centre on Monday quoted Hassan Bargo, a key Chadian government negotiator in the peace talks with DMDR, as saying that the next round of talks might convene before the end of March in N'djamena.
Government authorities in Khartoum and DMDR signed a comprehensive cease-fire accord last December in Chad …
Nairobi, Kenya (PANA) - The influx of Sudanese refugees in Chad has led to a severe nutritional crisis for the local populations, culminating in 40 percent of Chadian children suffering from malnutrition, the UN reports.
A just completed joint UNHCR-WFP survey says that a series of factors, including two consecutive poor rain seasons, have decimated cattle, overused grazing lands and depleted food reserves from sharing with the refugees have led to the severe food scarcity.
Consequently, the UN is calling for concerted efforts to help destitute Chadians living near refugee camps and …
Libreville, Gabon (PANA) - A contingent of Gabonese soldiers is due in Bangui Wednesday as part of a force being deployed by the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) to look out for hostilities between Chad and Central African Republic (CAR), according to sources in Libreville.
KIGALI, Rwanda (PANA) - Africa's human rights situation is continuing to arouse a great deal of concern in several countries, noted the 26th ordinary session of the African Commission of Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) which ended on Monday in Kigali.