Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
Medair has been responding to an acute malnutrition crisis in Abdi District of Chad’s Ouaddai region. In 2013, Medair admitted 5,924 children to its therapeutic nutrition programme at 10 clinics and one mobile site and screened more than 25,000 children scattered across 194 rural villages. “Our team made considerable progress reaching remote communities with the programme and many children’s lives were saved as a result,” said Maarten Fontein, Head of Country Programme, Chad.
Malnutrition infantile, risques sanitaires et insécurité alimentaire : en 2013, les besoins humanitaires demeurent très importants et demandent un soutien à long terme selon les ONG Solidarités International, ACTED, Concern Worldwide, Merlin, Oxfam, International Rescue Committee, Première Urgence-Aide Médicale Internationale, Croix-Rouge Française, InterSOS, International Medical Corps, COOPI, Action Contre la Faim, Medair, CARE International, World Vision, Diakonie, Le Secours Islamique France, Islamic Relief Worldwide, et ACRA.
Child malnourishment, health risks and food insecurity: even in 2013, the need for humanitarian help remains high and requires long-term support, according to a group of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) consisting of Solidarités International, ACTED, Concern Worldwide, Merlin, Oxfam, International Rescue Committee, Première Urgence-Aide Medicale Internationale, French Red Cross, InterSOS, International Medical Corps, COOPI, Action Against Hunger, Medair, CARE International, World Vision, Diakonie, Secours Islamique France, Islamic Relief Worldwide, and ACRA.
Approximately 3,000 Chadian refugees recently moved to a camp in Um Shalaya, located in the centre of Sudan's West Darfur state. The refugees are predominately from the Daju tribe in eastern Chad. They fled their homes in recent months due to growing insecurity, and sought safety in Sudan.
They initially settled around the town of Habila, near the Chadian border. The conditions there were poor, with some families even living in the wadi (seasonal riverbed) before the rains started.