Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- West and Central Africa: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (4 – 10 December 2018)
- Chad – Lac Region Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Dashboard #5 (November 2018)
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 30/11/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Novembre 2018
- The children of the Lake Chad Crisis
A refugee camp in Chad has provided temporary sanctuary for thousands of fleeing Nigerians.
“I saw Boko Haram with my own eyes and I saw the bodies. If I think about the corpses, I will cry.”
These are the words of 12-year-old Tahiru Abakhar whose family was attacked by Boko Haram in Baga and again hounded by the Islamist group in other towns until they fled to neighbouring Chad.
06 Dec 2013 00:00| Alex Duval Smith
Chad has been hit by a refugee influx from Darfur and Central African Republic as well as the return of its citizens expelled from Libya.
The people at the World Health Organisation call it "routine childhood immunisation". But they have not witnessed the anything but routine sleuthing required of Anastasie Nague as she plays her part in preventing disease in a new, three-pronged humanitarian emergency affecting landlocked Chad.