Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- Tchad : l’OIM a besoin de 1,2 million de dollars pour aider des migrants déplacés par des affrontements
- Urgent Humanitarian Assistance Needed for Migrant Workers Displaced by Clashes in Northern Chad
- GIEWS Country Brief: Chad 11-January-2019
- Tchad : Localisation des lieux de déplacement dans la région du Lac (fevrier 2018)
Activities reflect African priorities, including youth employment and nutrition
25 June 2014, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea– The FAO-managed Africa Solidarity Trust Fund today gave a green light to four new, continent-spanning projects at a ceremony during the African Union Summit, being held here this week.
The President of Equatorial Guinea, Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, a key supporter of the fund, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon, and FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva were in attendance.
In central Africa, a new wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case was reported in Equatorial Guinea. In total, three cases have now been reported from the country; genetic sequencing indicates the cases are linked to an ongoing WPV1 outbreak in Cameroon. Outbreak response in the country is currently being planned.