Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Octobre 2018
- Tchad : Présence opérationnelle des partenaires (3W) - octobre 2018
- Tchad: Tableau de bord humanitaire (au 31 septembre 2018)
- Little Ripples programme has a big effect on young refugee children in Chad
- Innovation at HI: Demining drones: a mine clearance revolution?
NAIROBI, 15 October 2009 (IRIN) - Countries where women's literacy rates and access to education are significantly worse than men's tend to have higher levels of hunger, according to the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
"Wherever women are not empowered you see high levels of hunger," Suresh Babu, a senior research fellow with IFPRI, told IRIN.
The institute's 2009 Global Hunger Index (GHI) calls for policy action on gender empowerment, social protection and …
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Briefer: Ron Redmond - Media Relations