Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ECHO Factsheet – Chad – October 2018
- DTM Point de suivi des flux de population - Situation de la Migratoire au Nord du Tchad Dashboard #18 Période : Septembre 2018
- Chad: Response Plan 2018 (August 2018)
- Tchad : HRP 2018 - Suivi des financements au 27 septembre 2018
- Chad: HRP 2018 - Funding Monitoring as of 27 September
Item 69 (b) of the provisional agenda*
Promotion and protection of human rights:
human rights questions, including alternative approaches for improving the effective enjoyment of human rights and fundamental freedoms
The present report outlines the major activities undertaken by the Representative during the period from August 2009 to July 2010.
Il adopte des observations finales sur le Pérou, les Émirats arabes unis, la Pologne, la Chine, la Grèce, l'Azerbaïdjan, la Colombie, le Chili, les Philippines, l'Éthiopie et le Tchad
Comité pour l'élimination
de la discrimination raciale
Committee on the Elimination
of Racial Discrimination
Issues Concluding Observations on Reports of Azerbaijan, Chad, Chile, China and the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macao, Colombia, Ethiopia, Greece, Peru, the Philippines, Poland and the United Arab Emirates
In 2008, armed conflicts and other situations of violence shattered the lives of large numbers of children, women and men in many countries among which the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Georgia, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Chad and Colombia. Direct attacks on civilian communities, general insecurity and the destruction of livelihoods forced innumerable civilians to flee their homes.
Human Rights Council
The Human Rights Council this morning held an interactive discussion on the reports of the Representative of the Secretary-General on internally displaced persons, the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, the Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the prevention of genocide, and the Independent Expert on Minority Issues.
THAM HIN REFUGEE CAMP, Thailand (UNHCR) - In Thailand refugee toddlers get a pre-school headstart on education and teenagers learn vital computer skills. In Azerbaijan refugee children have new playgrounds and learn to swim. In Uganda, thousands of refugee children are getting text books for the first time.
The unifying reason in these countries, together with help provided in Kenya, Liberia and Chad, is the funds raised through the ninemillion programme to help children driven from their homes by conflict and violence.