Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Thousands of Nigerian refugees seek safety in Chad
- Surging violence in Nigeria drives thousands across borders
- Mobilités au Tchad : Infographies des mobilités sur le territoire tchadien (Décembre 2018)
- De nouveaux réfugiés nigérians arrivent au Tchad
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin Décembre 2018
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
South Africa: child dies in fire at Klerksoord camp
On 14 February in the early hours of the morning, a six-year-old girl died in a fire which burned down the makeshift shelter built by her Burundian parents. The cause of the fire is unknown.
Eye witnesses heard screams coming from the shack and saw neighbours running to get water to extinguish the fire. According to local police, the small girl, Mbonayo Mauwa, was asleep with her mother and 10-month-old sibling at the time of the fire.
LIVINGSTONE, 3 April 2008 (IRIN) - South Africa cut a lone figure in Zambia's tourist capital of Livingstone as the only African country not to endorse a global ban on the use of all cluster munitions.
Africa's economic powerhouse and the continent's leading arms producer was the odd one out following a two day meeting of 39 African countries, which on 1 April, endorsed the Livingstone Declaration calling for the eradication of all cluster munitions.
Cluster munitions were first used by the former Soviet Union during the Second World War and quickly became part of …