Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 3
Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development
Written by: AlertNet correspondent
LONDON (AlertNet) - Amid frequent headlines about conflict-ridden Somalia, Afghanistan and Sudan, it is easy to overlook less well publicised emergencies in other parts the world. Yet some of these forgotten crises are likely to intensify in 2010, aggravating human suffering.
Here is a selection of some of the under-reported humanitarian emergencies at risk of deteriorating this year.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.