Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- Chad – Measles Outbreak (DG ECHO, World Health Organisation, Ministry of Health) (ECHO Daily Flash of 29 August 2018)
- Urgent action needed to respond to acute malnutrition crisis in Chad
MSF has provided medical consultations and vaccinations to 1,500 people. And, in the past few days, another 2,700 have arrived. MSF teams have started improving conditions but the increasing numbers may be too great for the local village with limited coping capacities.
ADDIS ABABA, 11 December (IRIN) - African leaders must ensure that landmines are banned on the continent, an international conference in Addis Ababa heard on Wednesday.
Libreville, Gabon (PANA) - A contingent of Gabonese soldiers is due in Bangui Wednesday as part of a force being deployed by the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) to look out for hostilities between Chad and Central African Republic (CAR), according to sources in Libreville.
ABIDJAN, 3 December (IRIN) - Food security prospects in West Africa as at November 2002, were varied with a mixed performance recorded in the cereal harvest in the Sahel sub-region, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) reported on Friday.
Major Campaign to Get Girls into School in 25 Priority Countries
BANGUI, 8 November (IRIN) - Some 750 citizens of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) have fled to their embassy in Bangui, capital of the Central African Republic (CAR), fearing possible retaliation by city residents angered by the looting and rape reportedly committed by a militia from the DRC that had come to support government forces put down a recent attack by renegade troops.
4640th Meeting (PM)
4630th Meeting (AM & PM)
Speakers in the Security Council today urged international support for regional initiatives to cement recent progress towards peace in Central Africa, as the Council met in morning and afternoon sessions to consider strengthening cooperation between the United Nations system and that subregion, in the maintenance of peace and security.
4627th Meeting (PM)
Prepared by: Caroline Delany and Sonja
With the generous support of the Canadian International Development Agency.
Bureau de Coordination des Affaires Humanitaires (OCHA)
Réseaux d'Information Régionaux Intégré (IRIN)
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network
Kris Janowski - Media Relations
Item 106 of the provisional agenda*
Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, questions relating to refugees, returnees and displaced persons and humanitarian questions
Report of the Secretary-General**
The present report is submitted in compliance with General Assembly resolution 56/135 of 19 December 2001 on assistance to refugees, returnees and displaced persons in Africa.
BANGUI, 16 August (IRIN) - Central African leaders have set up a commission to examine the security situation along the troubled border between the Central African Republic (CAR).
This Programme Update is intended for reporting
on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target: CHF 2,850,239; budget revised to CHF 2,182,597 (USD 1,486,814/EUR 1,506,839)
Period covered: April-June 2002; last Programme Update (no. 1) issued 1 July, 2002
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 64.8%
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 767,271 (USD 522,737/EUR 529,725)