Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Measles Outbreak - May 2018
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
Most read reports
- Chad, Sudan and UNHCR first ever Tripartite Commission Meeting resolves to resume voluntary return of Sudanese refugees from Chad in November
- Joint Communique of the First Meeting of the Sudan-Chad-UNHCR Tripartite Commission on Voluntary Repatriation of Sudanese Refugees Living in Chad
- Strengthening Accountability in Chad | Perceptions of Affected Populations and Field Staff in Chad - Results from Round 1
- Chiffres des Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad (Résumé) (A la date du: 31/08/2018)
- UNHCR Tchad : Personnes relevant de la compétence du HCR au Tchad - Statistiques fin août 2018
10 August 2018: In Bamenda city, Mezam department, Northwest province, an ambulance belonging to the Bamenda Regional Hospital was shot at by either national military personnel or Ambazonian fighters, seriously wounding a nurse, and slightly injuring the driver. Source: Cameroon-Info
FUNDING REQUIRED $25.33B
FUNDING RECEIVED $10.19B
UNMET REQUIREMENTS $15.14B
PEOPLE IN NEED 133.8M
PEOPLE TO RECEIVE AID 97.4M
COUNTRIES AFFECTED 41
The 2017 Sudan Participatory Assessment, conducted between October and December 2017, involved 6,009 Persons of Concern to UNHCR engaged through some 385 semi-structured interviews, focus group discussions, individual interviews and participatory observation sessions. This assessment exercise was conducted by UNHCR in collaboration with partners, actively supported by the Government of Sudan, to engage refugees, asylum-seekers and refugee returnees – women, men, girls and boys of di fferent age, gender, nationality and ability – to identify their needs and examine ways to address them.
The eighteenth meeting of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) regarding the international spread of poliovirus was convened by the Director General on 15 August 2018 at WHO headquarters with members, advisers and invited Member States attending via teleconference.
Who we are
37 years of serving refugees around the world
This report provides United Nations Security Council (UNSC) members with an overview of the numbers of people in acute need of emergency food, nutrition and livelihood assistance in 22 countries/territories affected by conflict. It analyses the factors driving food insecurity and examines if those factors are a consequence of conflict and/or if they are driving further tension.
Un nouveau cadre social pour promouvoir la sécurité alimentaire et les systèmes alimentaires
7 août 2018, Rome - Les guerres civiles et les conflits ont augmenté au cours de la dernière décennie, inversant la tendance qui reflétait une baisse de la faim à travers le monde.
Funding Required: $25.41B
Funding Received: $9.39B
Unmet Requirements: $16.02B
People in need: 134.0M
People to receive aid: 95.8M
Countries affected: 41
Les crises en Afghanistan, au Bangladesh, en Haïti et dans la région du Sahel parmi les plus sous-financées
Global Overview JULY 2018
FAO sounds alarm on overlooked emergencies where humanitarian aid is urgently needed
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Haiti and the Sahel are among most severely underfunded crises
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 53,269 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea through 22 July 2018. That total compares to 110,603 at this time last year, and 244,722 at this time in 2016.
Arrivals to Spain (see chart below) this month have overtaken those to Italy. To date just over 36 per cent of all Mediterranean irregular migrants have come via the Western Mediterranean route, whose irregular migration volume has more than tripled those registered at this time last year.
From the editors