Appeals & Response Plans
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2017
- Chad: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Chad: Floods - Aug 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Chad: Polio Outbreak - Jun 2011
- Chad: Cholera/Measles/Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2011
- Chad: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2010
- West/Central Africa: Floods - Jun 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Chad: Population Movement from the Central African Republic (CAR) - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) DREF n°MDRTD017 / PTD027
- The Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) allocates US $ 6.8 million to address urgent needs among newly arrived refugees and their host communities in the south of Chad
- Deuxième édition du Forum Humanitaire et Développement : La crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Tchad
- Tchad : Matrice de suivi des déplacements (DTM) - Crise Nigériane : Profil de Site, Kaya - Profil du lieu de déplacement (16 avril 2018)
- Tchad : Matrice de suivi des déplacements (DTM) - Crise Nigériane : Profil de Site, Fouli - Profil du lieu de déplacement (16 avril 2018)
Being recognized as Central African and taking part in a new social contract based on inclusion were ultimately the two most prominent demands expressed by Muslim and Peuhl refugees. Only in a Central African state renewed from its very foundation can justice for past violations have an impact and truly improve lives.
Covering mixed migration to, through & from NORTH AFRICA MIXED MIGRATION HUB
About: MHub is the regional knowledge hub and secretariat for the North Africa Mixed Migration Task Force, comprising of DRC, IOM, OHCHR, RMMS, Save the Children, UNHCR, UNICEF and UNODC. It promotes a human rights-based approach to ensure the protection of people moving in mixed and complex flows to, through and from North Africa.
L'Agence des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés (HCR) a facilité les premiers retours volontaires de réfugiés soudanais vivant au Tchad.
Samedi, un groupe de 53 réfugiés a quitté le camp d'Iridimi dans l'est du Tchad et est arrivé dans un centre d'accueil à Tina, dans le Darfour-Nord, après un trajet de quatre heures (70 kilomètres) dans des bus affrétés par le HCR.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Andrej Mahecic – to whom quoted text may be attributed – at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, earlier this week and together with the Governments of Chad and Sudan, facilitated the first in what is hoped will be a new series of voluntary returns of Sudanese refugees living in Chad.
(N'Djamena, 29 mars 2018): Le Secrétaire général adjoint aux affaires humanitaires et Coordonnateur des secours d'urgence des Nations Unies, M. Mark Lowcock, a approuvé l'allocation de 6,8 millions de dollars du Fonds central d'intervention d'urgence (CERF) pour une intervention rapide dans le sud du Tchad. Ces fonds permettront d'apporter une aide humanitaire vitale à 45 000 personnes dans le besoin, y compris aux réfugiés nouvellement arrivés de République centrafricaine et à leurs communautés d'accueil.
2,905 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 2.8 m cash-based transfers made
US$ 98 m six months (April-September 2018) net funding requirements, representing 13.6% of total.
• Yobe State health authorities declare cholera outbreak in Bade LGA
• Relief actors reach 2.4 million people with emergency food assistance in northeastern Nigeria during February
• Approximately 27 percent of the population in Lac, Chad, may experience Crisis or worse levels of acute food insecurity from June–August
Polio this week as of 17 April 2018
Delivering on the Paris Goals and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, countries across the globe are mainstreaming and accelerating actions toward a low-carbon climate-resilient future. In Bangladesh, a new project will provide assistance to 25,000 women and girls to adopt resilient livelihoods, while ensuring reliable, safe drinking water for 130,000 people.
IOM works with national and local authorities and local partners to identify and understand migration movements in West and Central Africa. Population flow monitoring (FMP) is an activity that quantifies and qualifies flows, migrant profiles, trends and migration routes at a given point of entry, transit or exit.
Since February 2016, IOM Niger has been monitoring migration flows at two points in the Agadez region of Niger. Flow monitoring points are found at two points in the region of Agadez in Niger,Séguédine and Arlit.
Outcomes in areas of northeast remain heavily dependent on humanitarian assistance
Chad is a low-income, land-locked country that suffers from chronic food insecurity due to the effects of regional conflict, frequent drought, lack of income-generating opportunities and limited access to social services. An estimated 4.4 million people in Chad require humanitarian assistance, according to the UN.
Context: The crisis currently affecting the Lake Chad Basin countries is a result of a conflict with Non-State Armed Groups and has triggered significant displacement of populations. As of 17 April 2018, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria are hosting an estimated 4,025,486 affected individuals made up of internally displaced persons (IDPs), refugees (both in- and out-of-camp), returnees (former IDPs and returnees from abroad) and third country nationals (TCNs).