Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Summary: As of 12 July 2016, the Ministry of Health reported the number of cases as 1,062 with the outbreak extending to all five regions of the country, the 5 most affected districts being English River (101 cases) Anse Royal (99 cases) Anse Etoile (82 cases) Beau Vallon (78 cases) and Point La rue (62 cases).
Based on this, the NS is adding another 4 districts which will total to 5 intervention districts.