Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
Revised Preliminary Appeal No. 28/2004; Operations Update no. 4;
Period covered: 30-31 December, 2004; Appeal coverage: provisionally 99.2%
· Preliminary appeal launched on 26 December 2004 CHF 7,517,000 (USD 6,658,712 or EUR 4,852,932) for 6 months to assist 500,000 beneficiaries.
· Disaster Relief Emergency Funds (DREF) allocated: CHF 1,000,000.
· Revised Preliminary Appeal issued on 30 December 2004, for CHF 67,005,000 (USD 59,152,246 or EUR 53,439,988) for 2 million beneficiaries for 6-8 months.
December 30, 2004 - Eight south Asian nations have been adversely affected by Sunday’s 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunamis (tidal waves). The world's most powerful earthquake in 40 years struck deep under the Indian Ocean off the west coast of Sumatra early Dec. 26, triggering tidal waves up to 20 feet high. Over 120,000 people have lost their lives and untold millions have been left without food, shelter and safe drinking water.