Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
CHF 106,551 has been allocated from the IFRC’s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to support the Seychelles Red Cross Society (SRCS) in delivering immediate assistance to some 3,000 beneficiaries. Unearmarked funds to repay DREF are encouraged.
Summary: On 27 and 28 January 2013, the Seychelles main island of Mahe was devastated by the Tropical depression Feleng and the island La Digue was severely affected.
Heavy rains brought by the tropical storm Felleng on 27 January 2013 combined with a high tide resulted in severe flooding and caused extensive devasatation to coastline areas and widespread structural damages to infrastructure (roads, bridges, houses) mostly in the eastern areas of Mahe Island
On 27 January 2013, the Government declared three districts, Point Larue, Anse Aux Pins and Au Cap as disaster zones
Preliminary damage and needs assessment estimates that USD 9.3million is needed for response and recovery activities