Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
his report takes its inspiration from the United Nations Secretary-General’s Every Woman Every Child initiative, which calls for countries to do everything possible to protect the lives and futures of all women, children and adolescents. It follows the approach used for the
State of the World’s Midwifery 2014 report, but focuses on 21 of the 23 countries in the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) East and Southern Africa region.
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
Gender inequality is costing sub-Saharan Africa on average $US95 billion a year, peaking at US$105 billion in 2014– or six percent of the region’s GDP – jeopardising the continent’s efforts for inclusive human development and economic growth, according to the Africa Human Development Report 2016.