Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Immediately after the disaster the first
requirement is large-scale shelters. Erection of any permanent or semi-permanent
shelters is time-consuming, costly and difficult.
2. Cheap greenhouses/net-houses might be an answer. They can provide immediate and cost-effective relief to homeless people.
3. After 2001 Bhuj earthquake a number of experimental greenhouses were converted into shelters and have worked successfully. Two models of 10' x 12' (good for family of 6 to 7 people) were designed and set up. Later 5000 of these units were set up around Bachau.