Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
The Chancellor's Special Representative for the Tsunami Aid Partnership Initiative, Christina Rau, reported to the cabinet today (May 18) on efforts being undertaken to help Asian countries affected by the tsunami that struck in late December last year.
In a statement to the press Chancellor Gerhard Schröder thanked his special representative for her commitment. He said the progress report clearly shows that there has been "a wave of help from Germany".
Germany on Wednesday boosted its South Asian tsunami aid package to 500 million euros (664 million dollars) - a move placing Berlin as the biggest single aid donor in the disaster.