Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
OTTAWA - The Honourable Aileen Carroll, Minister of International Cooperation, today announced further details regarding the Canadian contribution to the United Nations Flash Appeal for humanitarian assistance and relief efforts in the tsunami-affected countries.
Of the $425 million announced yesterday by Prime Minister Paul Martin, $36 million are being provided by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) to nine United Nations agencies.
"During my visit to Banda Aceh, one of the areas most badly hit by the tsunami and earthquake, I saw the urgent and long-term …