Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
Why has the international community waited until to today to organise a "Relief Summit" in Jakarta, asks GOAL's John O'Shea.
The humanitarian agencies chief in a statement says: "This fact alone shows how out of touch major governments and the United Nations are with the mood of rank and file people."
"From hour one, millions of human beings around the world responded with extraordinary examples of generosity to this unprecedented tragedy but they had to wait 11 days before the world powers decided to meet to discuss the issue.
4th January 2005 - GOAL Chief Executive, John O'Shea, today welcomed the decision of Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, to consider deploying Irish troops to the stricken areas of South East Asia.
O'Shea has been calling for such intervention since the Indian Ocean tsunami hit on St. Stephen's Day.