Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
A report by Australia's nonprofit aid and development peak body detailing donations to tsunami appeals, spending and the planned allocation of funds through the long-term reconstruction program.
Australian aid and development non government organisations (NGOs) have made a substantial difference to the lives of thousands of communities affected by the Asian tsunami.
Australian aid non-government organisations (NGOs) made a major impact in helping hundreds of thousands of tsunami survivors, according to Paul O'Callaghan, Executive Director of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID).
By 31 March 2005, 31 organisations had received A$280 million in donations from the Australian public to assist tsunami survivors. (NB: This rose to A$313 by mid-May.)
Paul O'Callaghan said, "These donations enabled immediate emergency relief work to begin.