Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
Medical aid agency Medecins Sans Frontiers has offered to return thousands of donations to its international tsunami aid appeal.
The organisation says it raised four times the amount it needed and was obligated to tell donors their money cannot be used for its tsunami response.
In Australia, the agency contacted 4,000 donors offering to redirect the money and about 200 people have opted for refunds amounting to $93,000.
The agency's Australian executive officer Philippe Couturier says he understood their decision.
"Nobody has the right to be disappointed, I mean …
Foreign Minister Alexander Downer has signalled Australia will significantly boost its aid funding to countries devastated by last week's tsunami.
Mr Downer and Australian Federal Police (AFP) Commissioner Mick Keelty are on their way to Thailand.
They will tour some of the worst affected areas in Thailand and Indonesia in coming days.
Mr Downer says international support will be needed in these areas for years to come.
That has added to speculation that Australia's aid contribution could rise to half a billion dollars, up from the current $60 million …