Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
Thank you, Mr. Chairman, for the opportunity to testify before this Committee on the "Tsunami Response: Lessons Learned". I also want to acknowledge the leadership and support that you, Senator Biden, and many others on this Committee have provided on issues of importance to those of us in the humanitarian and development community. I am grateful for this opportunity to present some of the views and perspectives of InterAction members on the response to the Tsunami crisis.
InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S.
December 30, 2004 - Eight south Asian nations have been adversely affected by Sunday’s 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunamis (tidal waves). The world's most powerful earthquake in 40 years struck deep under the Indian Ocean off the west coast of Sumatra early Dec. 26, triggering tidal waves up to 20 feet high. Over 120,000 people have lost their lives and untold millions have been left without food, shelter and safe drinking water.