Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
The Commission took another step forward today in its action to help rehabilitate the fisheries and aquaculture sector in the areas hit by the tsunami that struck in the Indian Ocean on 26 December. Thus, it adopted a Decision to provide immediate and more long-term technical expertise and assistance to the countries concerned. Experts will contribute to the assessment of the reconstruction requirements in fisheries and aquaculture in these areas. They will also assist in the implementation of the agreed rehabilitation measures in this sector.
Brussels, 11 January 2005 - Speaking as governments and aid agencies from around the world meet at the UN donor conference to plan the use of aid, European Commission President Barroso pledged that the EU would deliver its promised aid (up to €450 million and an EIB lending facility of up to €1 billion) on time.
Special Asian Leaders' Meeting, Jakarta, 6 January 2005
The damage brought by this terrible disaster has shocked the world.