Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
Ten years have passed since the Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of December 2004. With a view to gathering, learning and sharing from experiences of the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and other disasters in the region that occurred between 1993 and 2013, the Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project (TGLLP) was created. The project sought to deliver three principle outcomes: a global lessons learned study, a Discovery Channel documentary tracking the recovery, and a disaster recovery toolkit for recovery practitioners.
In the years and months that have gone by since the devastating Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of December 2004, the affected communities - from Banda Aceh to Batticaloa, Puntland to Phang Nga, Noonu to Nagapattinam - have seen both tragedy and triumph.