Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
Concern announced today that over €1.2
million Euro has been donated by the Irish public to their Asian Disaster
'We are overwhelmed by the generosity of the Irish public in responding to this crisis' said Concern Chief Executive Tom Arnold. 'since news of this terrible disaster broke, money has poured into us through our website, by telephone and people calling to our office in Camden Street. We have had one major donation of €500,000 made by a Limerick based charitable organisation for which we are extremely grateful'.
Indonesia's health ministry today raised the country's confirmed death by 14,000 to just more than 94,000. Tens of thousands more are missing and presumed dead.
The government says it has enough food and medicine for survivors but that it cannot get the aid to many areas. The tiny airport in Banda Aceh, the provincial capital of Aceh, is finding it hard to cope with the number of planes now trying to bring in supplies. Other infrastructure has been utterly shattered.
Thousands of Indonesian troops have been drafted in to help clear the dead bodies.