Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
Tropical Cyclone FANTALA formed over the south-western Indian Ocean on 11 April. It then moved west, intensifying. It passed near Farquhar Atoll (Seychelles) on 17 April at 6.00 UTC with max. sustained wind speed of 241 km/h and on 19 April at 18.00 UTC with max. sustained wind speed of 157 km/h, causing widespread damage. On 21 April at 6.00 UTC its centre was located approx. 230 km southwest of the Agalega islands (Mauritius) and 640 km northeast of Madagascar and it had max. sustained wind speed of 167 km/h.