Most read reports
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
On the day of the Jakarta talks to deal with the Asian tsunami crisis, Christian Aid calls on the international community to make a long-term commitment to the region.
'Christian Aid's long experience in dealing with disasters, both natural and man-made, shows that the recovery may take at least three years. A long-term commitment is required from the international community to ensure that communities hardest hit by disaster receive proper shelter and sustainable livelihoods.' Says Andrew Pendleton. Christian Aid's senior policy officer.