Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Seychelles – Suspected Plague (Ex- Madagascar), 26 Oct 2017
IOM Strategy Responds to Complex Migration Challenges in Southern Africa
Southern Africa experiences all types of movements such as mixed and irregular migration, labour migration and forced migration, including displacement due to conflict and natural disasters. These migration flows involve over four million economically active persons, and an additional unspecified number of undocumented migrants, including many vulnerable populations such as women and children.
(Pretoria, 08 November 2013): A groundbreaking study into the threats likely to confront southern African communities over the next decade has been released. Titled Humanitarian Trends in Southern Africa: Challenges and Opportunities, the study identifies regional and global factors that may impact the lives and livelihoods of southern Africans and, as importantly, the available capacities to address these challenges.