Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
JANUARY 2015– MARCH 2015 RAINFALL HIGHLIGHTS
The southern African summer monsoon continued to be very active in the northern part of DRC, Island States and on the vicinity of eastern parts of SADC region.
The region received mostly normal to below normal rain-fall conditions;
Normal to above normal rain-fall conditions were observed over DRC, Tanzania, northern Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles;
During March 2015, a favor-able distribution in rainfall was observed across western sub-region.
DECEMBER 2014– FEBRUARY 2015 RAINFALL HIGHLIGHTS
•The austral summer monsoon continues to be very active over Indian Ocean and in the vicinity of eastern parts of continental SADC.
•The region received: normal rainfall conditions over the easternmost parts of contiguous SADC mostly covered by Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
•Significant drier-than-normal conditions continued to occur over the western and southern parts of conterminous SADC.
Government has declared 2013/14 a drought year following an assessment. The food insecure rural population is estimated at 372,479 (49% of the rural population), 18.4% of the total population .
Government is planning to undertake a number of interventions.