Most read reports
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
Aug 20, 2018 | Southern African Development Community
A cholera outbreak has been reported in Katutura on the edge of Windhoek, including 11 suspected cholera cases, 3 confirmed cases and 1 death reported.
The poor WASH conditions and open defecation is of concern. Katutura had a population 43,109 in the 2011 census, although unofficial records suggest around 200,000 inhabitants due to immigration, which has been exacerbated by drought conditions.