Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
By Denis McClean
BALACLAVA, Mauritus, 25 November 2016 - African countries held a special session yesterday to mark the creation of World Tsunami Awareness Day as they acknowledged a rare but deadly threat which has come to be a worldwide symbol of disaster risk since the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami claimed some 230,000 lives.
A cholera outbreak has been recorded in Cunene Province which has claimed the lives of dozens of people.
On 28 November 2013, heavy rains were recorded in Mauritius, however no major damage was reported. Some schools were forced to close and unconfirmed reports indicate that approximately 45 houses were affected by water damage, with a total of 279 people accommodated in emergency shelters.