Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
Revised Preliminary Appeal No. 28/2004; Operations Update no. 32; Period covered: 22-31 January 2005; Appeal coverage: 101.4%
- Preliminary appeal launched on 26 December 2004 CHF 7,517,000 (USD 6,658,712 or EUR 4,852,932) for 6 months to assist 500,000 beneficiaries.
- Disaster Relief Emergency Funds (DREF) allocated: CHF 1,000,000.
- Revised Preliminary Appeal issued on 30 December 2004, for CHF 67,005,000 (USD 59,152,246 or EUR 53,439,988) for 2 million beneficiaries for 6-8 months.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
By Tapiwa Gomo, Harare
The recent tsunami disaster that hit South East Asia and some parts of East Africa which claimed more than 150 000 lives and left trail of destruction has proved to be unifying factor across the globe.
For a moment, the world has focused on one positive thing; saving human life by mobilizing the power of humanity. Citizens are competing with governments and institutions in supporting this common cause.