Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
WaPOR: database dissemination portal and APIs
The FAO portal to monitor Water Productivity through Open access of Remotely sensed derived data (WaPOR) monitors and reports on agriculture water productivity over Africa and the Near East.
It provides open access to the water productivity database and its thousands of underlying map layers, it allows for direct data queries, time series analyses, area statistics and data download of key variables associated to water and land productivity assessments.
• Many countries across the African continent face recurrent complex emergencies, frequent food insecurity, cyclical drought, and sudden-onset disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and storms. In FY 2016, as in previous years, USAID/OFDA not only responded to urgent needs resulting from disasters, but also supported DRR programs that built resilience and improved emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response capacity at local, national, and regional levels.
Throughout 2014, the regional office continued working in 15 countries in Eastern Africa and Indian Ocean Islands; Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Comoros, Seychelles, Mauritius, Rwanda and Burundi. The regional office supported the development of 6 emergency appeals and 15 DREFs in response to floods, disease outbreaks, terror attacks and population movement in Comoros, Madagascar, Seychelles, Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
1. Executive Summary
Overall Project/Program Status: