Most read reports
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Engaging media for effective risk communication in Seychelles
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Jan Egeland, the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and the UN Emergency Relief Coordinator, briefed journalists on a meeting being held in Geneva today and tomorrow of United Nations humanitarian coordinators from crisis areas where the Organizations maintains large operations. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the major challenges facing humanitarian relief efforts, with a view to ensuring a more coherent presence of the UN country teams, together with the Red Cross and Red Crescent societies. Mr.