Most read reports
- Seychelles: Dengue Outbreak Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF Operation n° MDRSC004
- Seychelles: Preparedness for the Plague Emergency Plan of Action Final Report DREF n° MDRSC005
- Seychelles sets course to establish a Nutrition Information System
- Seychelles country cooperation strategy at a glance
- Seychelles: Location Map (2013)
Gaborone, 26 October 2011 – When unexpectedly heavy floods displaced more than a million people in southern Africa in 2007, the Southern African Development Community (SADC) began to meet annually to prepare for future occurrences, culminating in the creation of the SADC Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction this month.
The community’s regional platform was launched as member countries brace for a season of severe storms and floods that are expected to alternate with drought and long dry spells, predicted to continue until March next year.
This report covers the period 01 January to 31 December 2010.