Most read reports
- Sweden signs multiyear agreement with UN Central Emergency Response Fund
- UN humanitarian chief commends Sweden for “outstanding humanity and international solidarity”
- Country report - Immigration Detention in Sweden: Increasing Restrictions and Deportations, Growing Civil Society Resistance (July 2018)
- Sweden | Forest Fires – EUCPM response - Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 01/08/2018
- The largest EU civil protection operation helps Sweden fight forest fires
The objective of Sweden’s international development cooperation is to create opportunities for people living in poverty and oppression to improve their living conditions. Development cooperation will be based on the principles of aid and development effectiveness, and the new international agreements reached by the international community in 2015.
Des six pays de la bande sahélienne, le Burkina Faso et le Mali sont ceux qui rencontrent de plus en plus de difficultés cette année
Burkina Faso and Mali are two of the six countries in the Sahel facing increasing hardships this year
The UNHCR currently manages three refugee camps in Burkina Faso for refugees from the neighbouring country Mali. Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been assigned to provide shelters to the refugees, and their work is partly funded by Sida.
If a country's government does not have the resources to take care of refugees from another country, the UN refugee agency UNHCR can intervene and help manage the task. Through the refugee organisation CONAREF, the Burkinese state decides where in the country the camps should be located.
When the armed conflict in Mali flared up in 2012, many people ended up in the middle of the contending parties. Alhader Ag Azar was one of many who took his entire family and fled to the neighbouring country Burkina Faso. He appreciates the safety in the refugee camp, but misses the ability to move around freely.
Fund will Spur Investment in African Agriculture Infrastructure
For Immediate Release
Thursday, May 9, 2013
USAID Press Office
In order to ensure food production in the arid Burkina Faso you need to be able to store water between the rain periods. The small-scale water reservoirs are therefore important for people in rural areas and more drain-off reservoirs will be repaired and new ones will be built under the Sida-funded water reservoirs project.