Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- South Sudan: Aid agencies appeal for $1.5 billion to reach 5.7 million people with life-saving assistance
- 15,000 children without parents or missing, five years after outbreak of fighting in South Sudan
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Snapshot (November 2018)
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Accessing South Sudan: Humanitarian Aid in a Time of Crisis
• Heavy seasonal rains and flooding affect more than 222,000 people across Sudan
• Reported chikungunya cases decrease; response efforts continue
• Relief actors support 182,000 vulnerable people in Abyei
A suspected Ebola case was reported in Renk (Abayok PHCC) on 03/12/2018 and investigated by the RRT. The sample was negative for EVD.
Similarly, a specimen collected from Yambio hospital on 04/12/2018 tested negative for EVD.
Ultra-Cold Freezer for Ebola vaccine storage was received.
The SoPs for the technical working groups have been finalized except logistics TWG.
PEOPLE IN NEED 7.1M
PEOPLE TARGETED 5.7M
REQUIREMENTS (US$) 1.5B
NUMBER OF HUMANITARIAN PARTNERS 183 (11 UN, 67 INGOs, 105 LNGOs)
FOREWORD BY THE HUMANITARIAN COORDINATOR
In 2018, the crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) drastically worsened, spreading to previously unaffected areas and impacting the Great Lakes region. The ongoing conflicts across much of eastern and central DRC continue to cause significant displacement, damage to property and tragic loss of human life.
Five years of conflict and economic crisis in South Sudan has plunged more than half of the population into severe food insecurity, triggering widespread population displacement. Following the 2018 launch of ACTED’s Mobile Team, those displaced are now able to play a leading role in managing the response.
36,000 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 125 million, six months (November 2018 – April 2019) net funding requirements, representing 48 percent of total requirements.
4.43 million people assisted In October 2018
• According to the 2018 Humanitarian and Disaster Resilience Plan (HDRP) Mid-Year Review, 8 million people require targeted relief food/cash assistance until the end of the year.
Juba 8 December, 2018 – The Ministry of Health of the Republic of South Sudan with support from the World Health Organization (WHO), DFID, GAVI vaccine alliance and other partners, is set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states bordering the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) against Ebola virus disease (EVD) as part of national preparedness efforts.
Relief actor records at least 150 GBV cases in Bentiu during a 12-day period
UN records two aid worker deaths, 60 humanitarian access incidents in October
USAID/FFP partner reaches 2.3 million people with assistance in October
KEY DEVELOPMENTS ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
WFP strongly condemns the attacks conducted against girls and women in Bentiu from 19 to 29 November.
With the support of DANIDA, WFP launched Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS) in multiple locations across the country.
WFP has deployed three SHERPs - all-terrain vehicles - to Ganyel (Unity state), to be piloted for distribution of humanitarian assistance to hard-to-reach locations.
The Logistics Cluster facilitates the coordination of the logistics response in support of the humanitarian community. Furthermore, it provides information management products to improve the decision making of humanitarian organisations in South Sudan. Where logistics gaps are identified, WFP, as the lead agency of the Logistics Cluster, acts as a Provider of Last Resort by offering common logistics services to support the humanitarian community in their response operations.