Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Dec 2017
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Ten aid workers missing in South Sudan
- South Sudan, Uganda, and Kenya strengthen implementation of cross-border disease surveillance and outbreak response in East Africa
- Escalation of fighting in South Sudan puts thousands of civilians at risk and compromises peace process
- South Sudan: Aid Workers Freed, Humanitarian Deaths Reach 100 Since December 2013
- South Sudan: UN humanitarian chief urges parties to cease hostilities, protect civilians and aid workers
"We used to cook and clean,
And fetch and carry water
But now we have the chance
To decide on our future."
The all-women choir sang their own composition to celebrate the opening of their new dormitory at the Teacher Training College in Ikotos, South Sudan. The new dormitory sleeps 30 students and was funded by emerge poverty free and a grant from The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Trust .
These 30 female trainee teachers represent a major leap forward for the role of women in one of the world’s newest but poorest countries.