Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- South Sudan: Reaching the Most Vulnerable Amid Destruction and Insecurity
- South Sudan declared most violent for aid workers for third straight year
- The South Sudan NGO Forum strongly condemns the violent attacks against humanitarian aid agencies in Maban
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Access Review (January - June 2018)
- South Sudan: Humanitarian Dashboard (as of 31 July 2018)
"We used to cook and clean,
And fetch and carry water
But now we have the chance
To decide on our future."
The all-women choir sang their own composition to celebrate the opening of their new dormitory at the Teacher Training College in Ikotos, South Sudan. The new dormitory sleeps 30 students and was funded by emerge poverty free and a grant from The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Trust .
These 30 female trainee teachers represent a major leap forward for the role of women in one of the world’s newest but poorest countries.