Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- South Sudan: Warring Parties Break Promises on Child Soldiers
- Aid appeals seek over $3 billion as South Sudan set to become Africa’s largest refugee and humanitarian crisis
"We used to cook and clean,
And fetch and carry water
But now we have the chance
To decide on our future."
The all-women choir sang their own composition to celebrate the opening of their new dormitory at the Teacher Training College in Ikotos, South Sudan. The new dormitory sleeps 30 students and was funded by emerge poverty free and a grant from The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Trust .
These 30 female trainee teachers represent a major leap forward for the role of women in one of the world’s newest but poorest countries.