Appeals & Response Plans
- South Sudan: Floods - Sep 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2018
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- WFP Completes First Food Delivery by Boat in Upper Nile
- South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan, January - December 2018
- Report of the Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan (A/HRC/37/71)
- South Sudan declares the end of its longest cholera outbreak
- UN considering new base on western bank of Nile to give South Sudanese refugees confidence to return
As the political and humanitarian crisis in South Sudan continues to deteriorate, and millions face hunger in the coming months, Development and Peace is increasing its relief efforts in the country.
Working with the Daughters of Mary Immaculate (DMI) religious community, Development and Peace is providing aid in two United Nations camps in the capital Juba for those who have been displaced due to conflict in the country.
July 09, 2011
In a gesture of solidarity towards the new country of South Sudan and to the Caritas Internationalis network committed to its full development, the Canadian Catholic Organization for Development and Peace (Development and Peace) is contributing $250,000 to improve access to basic services, water, food shelter, health and education for returnees, internally displaced persons, and other vulnerable populations.